20 July 2011

Keyboard shortcut of the day: Shift-Ctrl-T

Scenario: You are mindlessly browsing away and before you realize it, you have 40 tabs open. Reluctantly, you start to pick and choose which pages you want to keep and which ones you can let go. You get impatient and you're probably clicking quicker than you really ought to and boom, you hit X on a tab you were halfway through reading.

It's all fine and well if you know you have the page bookmarked or somebody tweeted the link 10 minutes ago but more sods law dictates that it was about 8 links deep and you'll never be able to retrace those steps.

Wait! It'll be in my history!
Erm... What was it called again?

Reading this back to myself I feel like I'm trying to sell something, but really I'm just trying to share a simple shortcut I was dumbfounded to have discovered more recently than I'd like to admit. Shift-Ctrl-T will reopen the most recently closed tab (at least in Firefox & Chrome) and it usually works quite a few times (i.e. you can open the 2nd most recently closed tab and so on)

I hope like me you benefit from knowing this extremely minor thing- every little second helps waste time more efficiently!

No comments:

Post a Comment